Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life Can Be Hard

Just 3 months ago I made a huge decision to go from a full time job in finance to a part time job as a teacher's aide (one on one). I had to make this decision because I needed to be home more with my family.

My 8 year old son is borderline autistic with PDD-NOS and has been having some rough patches. I really needed to be home for him because of the meltdowns and rash behavior problems that are popping up everywhere.

I also have a 2 year old that is a plan old rough houser and a typical toddler. He has bed time issues with going to bed at 8 and sleeping in his own bed. And don't get me started on potty training. Well, I can say he hasn't been that bad with it. He does like sitting on the potty.

My hubby works 12 to 14 hours a day. So he is totally exhausted when he gets home. And his income is slowly dieing cuz the holiday seasons are gone. January to April is when there is hardly any income.

But, anywho, I took a major pay cut and now I am finding that its killing our income. I feel guilty cuz I already dug into both of my son's savings accounts, in which I told myself that I would never do. Talk about the guilt it leaves.

I promised myself for 2009 that I will never touch my boy's savings, keep my pennies pinched at all times, and don't purchase items in my shops unless I made sales (which have been few and far between). I am also not going to purchase unnecessary items either. Hopefully, 2009 will be very good to us cuz I don't know how much more guilt and depression I can take.

P.S. - Sorry to bring out a sob story.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, two boys. That will keep you busy. Tighting money belts here, too. Wishing you lots of sells this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same to you SassySashadoxie. Hope everyone gets a lot of sales next year. :D

    ReplyDelete